- ARAG Group reports strong growth at 4.7 percent
- Premium growth well ahead of the market average in Germany
- 7.7 gain in premium revenues in international markets
- Customer base in Germany grows by 1.3 percent
- Positive earnings in all segments
- Underwriting result up once again in spite of business expansion
- Group profits from its focus on property and health insurance
- Forecast for 2016: continued business growth
"The ARAG Group presented itself in excellent shape in 2015. We are clearly performing much better than our competitors in some segments. That is the result of many years of meticulous effort of the kind that is possible only within the stable environment of a family enterprise," explained Dr. Paul-Otto Faßbender, Chairman, CEO and majority shareholder of the ARAG Group, at the Annual Press Conference.
The Düsseldorf family enterprise reported premium income amounting to 1.65 billion EUR for fiscal year 2015. The Group's German insurance business grew by 2.6 percent, well ahead of the market average of 0.6 percent. Premium revenues from the international legal insurance business rose by 7.7 percent - an even larger gain than that achieved in 2014. Overall, ARAG posted a 4.3 percent increase in premium income - once again the best result in years. This growth was based on a real increase in the insurance portfolio: The policy portfolio grew from 6.4 million to 6.6 million. Total Group revenue – including service companies – rose by 4.7 percent to 1.72 billion EUR. In spite of the substantial business expansion, the underwriting result increased by a solid 9.1 percent from 60.6 million EUR to 66.1 million EUR. Under the influence of a difficult capital market environment, profit on ordinary activities declined from the record figure of 84.5 million EUR (2014) to 66.7 million EUR in 2015.